"The question isn't who is going to let me,it's who is going to stop me."

Friday, March 02, 2007

RIPPED

Alone on a misty road, when the night froze like hell,

When the snow from God’s womb reaches down with a chilly smell,

My ripped heart that drips with sorrow, in vain I try to fill the holes,

That fire burning inside me as it slowly smokes my soul.

Slice by slice my life was cut and my world came crashing upon my feet.

Hopes shattered, dreams lost, alone I was facing that strange cold heat.

Many questions were unanswered and even more answers unasked.

I tried to search the missing in me but a tear slipped and dropped.

Under the dark night sky I walk, with nothing but a heavy heart,

I question the existence of this overburdened life and the answer cuts me further apart.

I see a ray of light in that dark tunnel of pain,

I looked up in search of a hint and down poured the rain.

For those times we spent together,

Those promises to each other we made,

All disappeared like castles on the beach,

When they are hit by the coming wave.

With an ambiguous mind and a restless soul I hope that you return,

A single birth was too short for me to know you and I never got my turn.

I hope that we cross again and that love between us always stays the same.

No matter how many times God takes you away from me, I will be born for you again.

Ankur Saxena

No comments: