"The question isn't who is going to let me,it's who is going to stop me."

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Poems

CHIMERA

Stealing the light of the candle
She had danced with the shadows once.
Shadows
That now stand
Stripped naked.
The candle,
Extinguished.

CHASM

The soft, silent pain in your eyes
Betrays the silk in your laugh
And questions
The love between us.

FILLERS

Interlinked fingers
A face buried in the hollow of a neck
Lips tracing the meanders of an ear
The swirl of a tongue around a navel
An embrace erases the gap between arms
An insertion swallows up the chasm between legs
For love is all about filling the voids
As is sex

LOST

I slipped in my dream in your eyes, quietly
While you were looking the other way
Thinking it would flourish
With other dreams of yours
Would be nurtured by you
That you won’t know it from your own
I saw it from a distance for several days
Growing
At times, it would rush to one corner of your eye
(I could see it when you smiled, when your eyes crinkled at the corners)
Then, to another
Ready to flow down with a tear
Trembling
Making me tremble
But then you pushed back your tears
And with it, my breath
When you threw up your head to laugh the other day
It was sparkling with a new lustre
It warmed my heart to see it there
Resplendent, in all its glory
I moved a light finger to touch it
The lashes fluttered
The elusive elf vanished
Into the unknown recesses of your eye
Now I don’t know my dream from yours
Keep trying to find it
Sifting yours

--by Ankita

No comments: