"The question isn't who is going to let me,it's who is going to stop me."

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

More Poems

Brother
For 16 yrs. you have been with me;
A staunch support, an inspiring tree,
whenever I went wrong you corrected me,
Whenever I went right you applauded me,
U have never been far away,
So far as happiness,
The last few words of you are a reminder to me
'prepare well',as tears fell,
The train whizzed by,
I shivered in my solitary...

Lost but Won
I had a dream in my eyes,
My goal was to touch the skies.
I had worked hard to achieve it,
But never thought would lose it,
My dad said Be victorious
My teacher said rise
With the early sun in my eyes,
I set off to the journey of skies.
I lost in an event not prepared,
But had faith would survive
With a success on my head
And a fire in my eyes
And then came the final day
when the results were declared
Lost had i in all the events
Tears melted, dreams shattered like a
piece of glass that falls
I had lost but we had won
I had lost but we had won


Passer By
My world was invaded by the thoughts
the thoughts of this passer by
The roses were red and asked me to
Think. with closed eyes;
The feeling brought a new life
to every object in my world
what was it... i could not describe.

The melodies seemed to make sense
the passer was very kind
but i thought it was a state of mind
and would blow off into the air
i was wrong...the thought was right.
Though i could never speak
i was wrong...the thought was right.
i wish. i could speak


Copyright © 2007 by Pratik Dhaboo

No comments: