"The question isn't who is going to let me,it's who is going to stop me."

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Great One

I am not a star
There's no halo over my head
Fate doesnt like the colour of my eyes
Struggle and strive are old friend of mine
Who am i ?
I am guts. I am survival. I am pride.
For I have met fate
She can be pretty mean
When shes not in a mood
I will not take life as it comes
I will scratch and claw
I like odds.
Especially when they are stacked against me
Because there will come a time
when i will stare them in their eyes
and smile the smile of one who pulled it off
I am the guy who will have deep lines on his face someday
and it would make me look good when i laugh
Because that is the day-I will fear no fear
Success has no address-no landmark-no calling card
The path is steep; some will take the elevator
I will take the stairs
Some will get there faster but I will get there stonger
YES, Thats will be the day
When I stand at a bay window
And unclench my fist
For there will be no more odds to conquer
Not even in the mind
I like odds -They help me get even
Society has name for guys like me - STUBBORN


- Harbir Singh Rissam
(From MSVV to BIT and back to Life)

No comments: