"The question isn't who is going to let me,it's who is going to stop me."

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Was Wondering

if I really want to write consolidated ideas in my blog in the first place. Is it not meant to be a space where you can express yourself without having to oblige oneself to the audience. Which, I guess, is what I would be exactly doing my consolidating my ideas and writing a good piece of prose everytime.

In the meanwhile found a nice rejoinder to the quota policy... came as forward in the mail...

I completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting Reservations. Let's start the reservation with our cricket team. We should have 10 percent reservation for Muslims. 30 percent for OBC, SC/ST like that. Cricket rules should be modified accordingly. The boundary circle should be reduced for an SC/ST player. The four hit by an OBC player should be considered as a six and a six hit by a OBC player should be counted as 8 runs. An OBC player scoring 60 runs should be declared as a century. We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like Shoaib Aktar should not bowl fast balls to our OBC player. Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 kilometer per hour to an OBC player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal. Also we should have reservation in Olympics. In the 100 meters race, an OBC player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters. There can be reservation in Government jobs also. Let's recruit SC/ST and OBC pilots for aircrafts which are carrying the ministers and politicians(that can really help the country.. )

Ensure that only SC/ST and OBC doctors do the operations for the ministers and other politicians. (Another way of saving the country..) Let's be creative and think of ways and means to guide INDIA forward. Let's show the world that INDIA is a GREAT country. Let's be proud of being an INDIAN..May the good breed of politicians like ARJUN SINGH long live.
As for my stand I firmly oppose quota in super-speciality streams in medicine. The rest I can take the burden, as I have been doing for the last 4 years, having come from a state studying in a college that has more than 50% seats reserved.

- Suchintya

This is a post taken from his blog, dated
May 03, 2006

No comments: